I am exhausted from writing in 5 for 5 last week! It was a blast and I’m so glad I pushed myself to do it…but my brain is fried! Amber from Making the Moments Count tagged me in this meme last week; it seemed like a nice day to give my brain a break! Thanks, Amber!
1. Post the rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself along with 11 random facts.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Visit the people you tagged to let them know.
I’m always behind the camera so there aren’t that many pictures of me…but here is one of my favorites. That was a good day at the apple orchard.
11 random facts about me: (Is there anything you don’t know about me by now?)
1.) I’m very particular. I like my coffee in a certain mug, my hair a certain way, my kitchen just so. I can’t help it. I like what I like.
2.) I love People magazine and anything celebrity related. I’m a pop culture junkie. (P.S. Will Jessica Simpson ever have that baby??)
3.) I really want to go to Europe, Australia, Hawaii and Ireland…but I am terrified of flying.
4.) I took piano lessons for almost 11 years. I’m rusty, but pretty good.
5.) I can type really fast. That comes in handy with teaching online and blogging.
6.) I taught aerobics in college and until I had kids. I loved it but I don’t miss it. Thank your fitness instructor the next time you take a class…it’s a lot of work!
7.) I read the entire Harry Potter series every summer. Once I’m done with 50 Shades of Grey (post on that to come soon!), and I finish the other books on my Kindle, I’ll start. I need that reminder about love and friendship and good prevailing over evil every year. Plus, it’s an amazing series, right?
8.) I love clothes but I don’t have that many. Especially right now because many of them don’t fit! I could seriously go shopping every day.
9.) I’m obsessed (maybe this goes with #1?) with nice teeth and properly groomed eyebrows.
10.) I’ve been with my husband since I was 19. It has worked out perfectly for us, but now when I see a 19-year-old I think “Oh my god! I was a baby!”
11.) I could live on Pringles—either sour cream and onion or cheddar. I don’t buy them because if they’re in the house, I will eat them all.
1. If you could have gone into any profession (apart from being a mom), what would you have done? I considered news anchor, personal trainer and advertising before deciding on teaching.
2. What are some items on your bucket list? Honestly, I haven’t thought too much about this. I’d like to be able to take Olivia to Disney once a year and take the whole family on a Disney Cruise. Also see the places listed above that I’d like to travel. I’d like to take my Mom to the Kentucky Derby and wear ridiculous hats.
3. Do you have a favorite color? What is it?
Bright cherry red.
4. Did you read the Hunger Games? Have you seen the movie? What did you think? (I have selfish motives behind this question)
Yes and yes and I loved them both.
5. What places, foreign and local, have you visited? What were your favorites?
US: tons of places!
Foreign: Canada and Costa Rica
Favorite so far: Colorado. Damn it’s beautiful out there.
6. Did you attend college? Why or why not?
Yes. I have my undergrad and master’s plus in secondary mathematics education.
7. What are some things you are passionate about?
My family. My friends. Reading. Music.
8. Do you read parenting books?
No. I threw those away when Olivia was born.
9. Any book/movie recommendations?
Tons! Go watch the movie 50/50 and read 50 Shades of Grey so we can talk about it! (In private, of course. 😉 )
10. Serious or funny?
11. Preferred music genre?
Anything. I’m currently obsessed with Lionel Richie’s new album and Gotye. Give me Gotye!!!
1.) Dog or cat?
2.) Wine or beer?
3.) What book are you reading right now?
4.) Song you are currently obsessed with?
5.) What’s your favorite way to spend time with your friends?
6.) Besides sex, your favorite way to spend time with your husband? 🙂
7.) Why did you start blogging?
8.) Name a blog you read every day. (Or try to anyway)
And last but not least, I’m tagging anyone who wants to play along. I hope you’ll use this on a day when your brain needs a break! (Let me know if you do so I don’t miss it!)