I love that phrase…my friend Tammy over at Keep In Touch With Mommakin writes that on my birthday and I love it. Today I’m celebrating my 35th trip and I couldn’t be more thrilled. I feel wiser and happier and more self-confident and content than I have in my life. I am so very thankful for all of the blessings these 35 years have bestowed upon me.
In honor of my 35th birthday, and to all my friends young and old, I share some wisdom from Mr. Andy Rooney. Thanks, Crystal, for sharing this with me. I love it. I treasure each wrinkle, each laugh line and each gray hair as they are a celebration of a life well-lived.
Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney, the reporter on CBS’s 60 Minutes. Andy Rooney says, “As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:
• A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.
• If a woman over 30 doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And it’s usually something more interesting.
• A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what’s she’s doing.
• Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
• Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
• A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women.
• Women over 30 couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.
• Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.
• Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
• Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coifed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.
Ladies, I apologize.
Here’s to another amazing, joy-filled, ridiculously happy trip around the sun!!!